Job: Automated QA Engineer
ALAS doo is a web development and quality assurance service company that has out-of-the-box innovation, ingenuity and originality at the heart of its business. We go the extra-mile to build a motivated and diverse pool of extraordinary talents to ensure that our services always go above and beyond our clients’ needs. Quality Assurance is our passion and specialty.
Driven by these, we are looking to hire a talented Automated Quality Assurance Engineer for full-time employment in Novi Sad, Serbia.
You will be part of a remote team of developers and QAs who will work directly with our international client.
The project you will be working on is a complex service that has been developed for years and not just a temporary project that will finish in a couple of months. It is crucial that you have excellent communication skills and a good understanding of international business relations that will enable you to communicate clearly by video call, telephone and e-mail. Key parts of the interview will be conducted in English.
We are opening our doors to talents who are enthusiastic about software architecture and quality of the code, and are looking to build their knowledge and experience in diverse areas.
The Client is the global leader in social and digital consumer intelligence, working with the biggest brands and most admired agencies worldwide – 39 of the Fortune 100 are clients. They build smart software solutions that help capture, understand and share insights from millions of conversations across the web and beyond. Home to over 500 people worldwide with offices in 10 locations, it is a place that motivates and supports its staff to find answers to new problems in an ever changing social and digital world.
They build a suite of analytics software products that allow their customers to measure and predict consumer behavior online. Ingesting enormous quantities of unstructured consumer voice data; such as publicly available social media data, blogs, forums etc…. The customers then search and analyze this data, using the built tools, to achieve various marketing and market research outcomes; for example: “What do consumers like about our new product?”
WHY WORK HERE
As an automated QA engineer, you will work within a cross-skilled agile team in the Engineering department, contributing directly to the flagship product Consumer Research. You will contribute to improving existing and developing new features, working closely not only with other backend engineers across the entire department, but also with product & delivery managers, data scientists, designers, as well as QA & frontend engineers, to solve user problems.
- Participate in the software development life cycle from beginning to end
- Identify, analyze, and report application defects and assist development with resolution
- Work in an Agile development environment
- Write and execute test cases, and document results
- Verify that corrective actions meet quality objectives
- View log files, understand them and assist developer in finding root-cause of the bug
- Assist with investigating potential bugs, issues, etc in the production environment
- Define required testing scope and test scenarios, and review with developers and product management
- Contribute to automation test suites to support new functionality as well as regression coverage
- Support and contribute to QA team by sharing best practices, learnings, and providing peer QA code reviews
- 1+ years of practical experience testing web applications from front end to back end with working knowledge of several related technologies (HTML, XML, CSS, HTTP, SSL, REST, Web Browsers, Web Servers, Application Servers etc.)
- Knowledge of test management, test development, and/or test process
- Experience with QA tools and techniques, bug tracking systems, test design and execution
- Working knowledge of SDLC and the following QA methods: unit, integration, functional regression and system testing
- Self-starter able to quickly learn new applications, tools, and technologies, and desire to become a product expert
- Attention to detail, outstanding analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to multitask in a dynamic environment and maintain a professional attitude with team members
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to work in a collaborative environment
NICE TO HAVE
- SQL programming and database technologies
- Practical knowledge of test automation libraries/tools/frameworks like Puppeteer/Cypress
- Know how to work with Git or similar code versioning tool
- Knowledge of Behavior Driven Testing methodologies like Cucumber
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field
ALAS doo is one Energetic and Exciting Workplace
- An energetic team of go-getters at ALAS doo, always excited about breaking new bounds.
- Stable and on-going employment with a steady stream of exciting projects.
- A refreshing work environment with a yard and plenty chill-out areas.
- An easily accessible work place by car, bus, bike or foot.
ALAS doo cares about its Talents
- Your private time is safe with our 8 hour work day and no forced overtime.
- An attractive pay check that keeps you motivated.
ALAS doo’s mouthwatering Perks
- Enjoy sponsored lunch and delicious coffee at work.
- Enjoy weekly visits from a massage therapist.
- Enjoy customized bonus you can use as you wish (gym/private health insurance, etc).
Are you the one we have been looking to hire?
Take on the ALAS doo challenge!
Join the team today!
Send your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We conduct interviews on a first-come, first-served basis and encourage you to apply as soon as possible!
Only short-listed candidates will be invited for an interview. Thank you for applying!